The Budget for 2015 will be .delivered in parliament today at 3:30pm by Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam. Analysts are expecting that the budget will have special measures for the middle class as well as poor elderly with plenty of goodies for everyone given the expectation for an early election.
- Family of NSF who Died in Training to Sue SAF and Two Officers
- Witnesses at ZARA Say Esme's Owners were Agressive First
- Nurse Saves Foreign Worker who Suffered Heart Attack in Little India
- Edz Ello – A Deeper Understanding of the Case
- Lee Hsien Yang, Wei Ling: Demolish Our Father's Oxley Rd Home
- Metro News UK: US Govt Confirms that Weed Kills Cancer Cells
- LKY did not give Singapore our Independence
- Mr Chan Chun Sing vs Dr Chee Soon Juan. Who Is More Popular?
- Opposition Parties Should Call for a By-election in Tanjong Pagar
- Netizens Scold STOMP for Shaming Elderly Taxi Uncle
Did the government lose a lot of money on their investments that are managed by GIC and Temasek Holdings. Is this why they delay returning the savings of CPF members? Here are some statements commonly found in the Internet and my views about them. 1. The CPF does not have the money to pay back members at age 55. Answer: The CPF invested in government bonds.
“Chinese New Year is a time to celebrate with our families. It is a time to reflect on the blessings of having a family – to thank our elders for what they have done for us, to appreciate our spouses, to shower love on our children. It is a time to enjoy the simple goodness of family.”- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, 2015.
Two Australians on death row appealed to Indonesian president Joko Widodo on Sunday to let them live so they can continue helping fellow prisoners in a rehabilitation programme, their brothers said. The kin of drug smugglers Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan made a statement to the media after visiting the pair in Kerobokan prison on Bali island.
The best selling novel 'The Hunger Games' by American Author Suzanne Collins, which has been made into a widely successful and popular movie franchise, has been set as one of the secondary 2 literature texts for students at the Singapore Chinese Girls' School (SCGS). It is understood that this is the only school in Singapore where the book has been set as official educational material.
Political leaders who are at the helm of affairs are responsible for the general well-being of the country. They carry immense responsibility on their shoulders. They deserve fair compensation for their services. However, compensation of leaders of some countries is exorbitant. Here are some countries where the ratio of political leader’s pay to their country’s GDP per person is very high.