Social policy shifting to the left According to the Straits Times news report “Singapore Budget Debate 2015: The debate in 2 minutes on Day 2” – “Left, Right – and Beyonce The puns about the Government’s “shift to the left” in social policies continued.
- It's Sad How Much Singapore has Deteriorated Since LKY's Time
- Heavy Drinkers have the Lowest IQs, Study Claims
- When Lee Kuan Yew Passes, What will Happen to the PAP?
- Increasing number of disgruntled citizens signals collapse of PAP
- Son of Former ISA Detainee: We Must Forgive and Forget and Wish LKY Well
- Anti-Corruption Officer Charged with Cheating and Theft
- East Coast Town Council in a Mess
- Govt Spending: Most “Irresponsible” Govt in the World?
- We Were Robbed!
- Being Grateful or Being Deluded?
I have a good friend who works for one of the MRT operators (SMRT and SBS). This friend told me that the real reason why MRT keeps breaking down and causing delays is because of overworked employees. Both MRT operators require their employees (especially those dealing in train maintenance and operations) to work 7-days straight on rotating shifts.
The two Germans who trespassed into the SMRT depot at Bishan and vandalised an SMRT Train were sentenced to 9 months in jail and 3 strokes of the cane each. Andreas Von Knorre, 22, and Elton Hinz, 21, admitted to trespassing into the Bishan Depot 3 times last year in November 6, 7 and 8 in the wee hours of the morning.
PAP’s opacity and constant tweaking to prevent CPF withdrawal have led to an increasing number of Singaporeans to suspect CPF is a scam. A ‘scam’ is defined as ‘a dishonest scheme’ or ‘a fraud’. Meant for retirement, two thirds of CPF contribution have been channeled by PAP into housing. CPF has also been abused as ‘friendly’ housing loans to buyers of HDB flats ie HDB concessionary loans.
Sir, I was a patron of Singapore Airlines and had flown your airline before the horrifying incident happened to me on the 11th and 12th of February 2015 at the Mumbai Airport. My name is Amit Anand Bivalkar and me and my colleague Mr. Ganeshprasad Pradhan were booked on to the Sq423 flight A380 from Mumbai to Singapore on the 11th of February 2015.