The minimum wage is the lowest wage an employer is allowed to pay. Although a federal minimum wage is set, the individual states can choose to use the federal wage or make their own laws. States such as Washington and Illinois choose to go above the federal minimum, and states such as Alabama and Louisiana choose not to have a minimum wage at all. As of 2010, the minimum wage in Texas is $7.25 per hour.
- Esme the Guide Dog Rejected Entry into Ngee Ann City ZARA
- Dear TRS, MSF has Failed to Help this Child!
- ACS Principal Scolds Parents over Failure to Raise $300K for Carnival
- Lawyer Says By-election for Tanjong Pagar GRC is Mandatory
- Singapore's $400 Billion National Debt?
- The New Yorker: S'pore Arrests a Teen YouTube Star
- Why Would Foreigners Want to Retire in Singapore?
- The Beginning of the End of Lee Kuan Yew’s Dynasty?
- Let's not Jump to Conclusions on the Guide Dog, ZARA Issue
- Masagos Zulkifli: I was Promoted to Full Minister Thanks to Meritocracy
A woman has been repeatedly posing nude in public places around various locations in Singapore and posting the photos online in local forums. Police are asking for anyone with further information on the case to lodge a police report. The woman is always seen with her face blurred and wearing just a santa hat and shoes.
OMGTel (OMG) which was recently announced to be partnering with SMRT to submit a bid to become Singapore's 4th Telco, has said that they will not be content with being Singapore's 4th Telco. They said that they have much bigger ambitions in terms of market share. This seems to put OMG's ambitions above those of MyRepublic which had earlier also announced its desire to enter the Telco market and capture 10% to 15% of users.
Singapore's recent viral song 'Unbelieveable' has hit the international market with TIME Magazine featuring the video on their website praising it for its catchy tune. Here it the TIME report on it: ‘I So Stunned Like Vegetable’ Could Become a Thing After This Video Even better: “Please be the metal cable to my cable car" Singaporean sitcom star Chen Tianwen is on course to becoming an Internet hit because of his kitschy music video Unbelievable.