The High Court dismissed the case of a Singaporean man who was trying to recover hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of 'gifts' given to his former China-born mistress. Mr Kua Tee Beng, 67, had given the woman, Mdm Ye, many lavish gifts including Rolex watches, monthly allowances, and about $295,000 for a condo unit which was registered under Mdm Ye's name.
- Budget: Over $24 Billion Hidden from the Public Eye?
- SDP: Budget Shows Clearly why Singaporeans Should Support the Opposition
- COE Issues: Why must Average S'poreans Compete with Rich, Elite Foreigners?
- 'Chinese Tourist' Caught on Camera kicking a Bell in a Temple in Chiang Mai
- Let our Political Exiles Come Home
- Talking a Bird Down from a Tree: a Conversation with Chee Soon Juan
- DPM Tharman: It's Not the Government's Style to be "Robin Hood"
- Man in Debt who Planned to Rob Bank but Changed Mind Jailed, Caned for Owning Gun
- PM Lee's Sister in Law, Ho Peng, to Retire as Director-General of Education
- 1 in 3 Taxi Drivers Report Feeling Driver Fatigue
Today as we are all talking about the hospitablised former PM LKY who is in a serious condition and the possible aftermaths. A just recovered PM Lee Hsien Loong from a cancer diagnosis, the many non- stop discussion online and offline about Singaporeans' grouses with the current government and policies. Then we sense a coming election, GE2015 and politics. Let's take sometime as we need to remember.
Best public housing programme in the world One of Singapore’s greatest achievements as we celebrate our 50 years of independence is our much touted HDB public housing. BTO prices delinked from resale prices I remember more than two years ago – the National Development Minister said that HDB flats had become more affordable, as the BTO prices have been delinked from resale prices.
Uber issued an alert to the public explaining that the scamming driver of SJT1444Y is not registered with their company. This comes after several reports that a driver in a Silver Honda claiming to be a 'private taxi' driver from Uber scammed a man and his family into paying $97 for a short ride. The victim of the extortion took to Facebook to share what happened and to warn others.
I have never admired Low Thia Khiang! But I have to admit that he is a smart man. However, his knowledge, does not compare with the Prime Minister, and is even worse than some ministers. But his strength is his emotional intelligence, which helped this 'Angry TeoChew Man', to be immediately reborn into a King Kong who hides his true ability, when he first entered Parliament.
Giant Rats have been reported by residents in Bukit Batok continuing to pester residents in the area. Bukit Batok is under Jurong GRC of which Minister of State for National Development Desmond Lee is an MP for. The new complaints come from a HDB estate in Bukit Batok a bit further away form the MRT station where the previous rat infestation occurred.