Dear The Real Singapore, I want to share with you an experience that I had with West Coast Towncouncil and the double standard that they clearly hold. My mother passed away on the 6th of February and I had planned to hold her funeral wake at the void deck below my HDB block. In order to 'reserve' the void deck for this, I called the towncouncil's 24hour hotline and they informed me that all I had to do was go down to one of the West Coast TC branches to make payment for the use of the void deck for the funeral.
- 4 S'poreans Raced from One MRT Station to Another to Board the Same Train
- Govt grants to Aljunied decreased 73% after PAP lost to WP?
- Please Help me, I am constantly Harassed by Pro-PAP Supporters
- Tanjong Pagar TC’s Deficit is 5 times more than Aljunied?
- PRC jailed for having sex with sec 3 girl at his Boon Lay flat days after meeting her on QQ
- MND's Desmond Lee Points Out WP's Town Council Deficit but Not PAP's Ones
- My Husband got Retrenched Just after the Birth of our Second Born
- Malaysian Bus Driver in Accident which Killed 90-Year Old Man in Jurong Arrested
- Man Spotted Swimming at Ngee Ann City Fountain was a Singaporean YouTuber
- Hong Kong Student refused Diploma after opening yellow umbrella during graduation ceremony
Vietnamese and Philippine troops got together on a disputed island in the South China Sea on Sunday to play football and volleyball - as well as drink beer - in a display of unity that will not go unnoticed in Beijing. Philippine naval officials billed the event on the Vietnamese-held island as a chance to show the world there can be harmony in the South China Sea despite a web of overlapping claims to the potentially energy-rich waters.
在过去的两个星期对我而言，是一个具有挑战性和令人非常兴奋日子！因为人们终于围绕着公积金的问题进行讨论和辩论。我应该感激我的法律顾问拉维先生为我的案件进行辩护和在这段期间予以我的协助。 Over the past two weeks, it has been a challenging and hectic moment for me. It has also finally aroused much discussion and debate about the CPF issue. I would like to thank my legal counsel, M Ravi, for taking on this case and for providing me with the assistance over this period. 让我邀请拉维先生上台。 《今天新加坡正处于十字路口》
Constructive politics mean gerrymandering and other dirty politics will be less effective or no effect at all in future elections. Transparent, open and reliable Big Data is a necessary condition for constructive politics. Gerrymandering needs no introduction in Singapore. The PAP has been happily using it for political gains for more than 50 years. However, gerrymandering and changes in election rules (GRC, NCMP, NMP) will have little impact when the real constructive politics take place.
Political leaders in Southeast Asia are spooked by escalating online dissent and have no clue what to do except implement draconian legislation or file lawsuits, according to analysts. In Thailand, the junta behind the latest coup d'etat monitors social media to weed out troublesome bloggers, while in Vietnam, laws implemented last year can see critics fined for saying anything negative online about the regime.
The Straits Times published an interesting story today about Mdm Pusparani, the widow of the Changi Airport worker who died in a freak accident at the budget terminal in 2012 when a PRC national hijacked a taxi crashed the vehicle into him. Following public outrage at the PRC national who caused the accident, leaving Mdm Pusparani as the single mother of 4 young children, many Singaporeans donated money to her to help her support her family.