The Police have warned the public to be extra vigilant and careful of their belonging especially during the peak holiday season when they are travelling in crowded places. In the last three weeks, Police have seen 16 cases of pickpocketing along Orchard Road and all of them happened in broad daylight between 12pm and 6pm.
- Indonesian President Jokowi Flies Economy Class to Visit Son's Graduation in Singapore
- Two German Tourists Charged in Court for Vandalism of SMRT Train
- Desmond Lee's Blind Hatred for AHPETC is Worrying for a Minister
- New HDB Floor Replacement Regulations For Your BTO
- Foreigners Bashing Singaporeans for being heartless when seeing a woman in labour
- NEA gave “A” Rating to Nasi Padang Stall that Killed 4yr old with Tainted Food
- Has Desmond Lee, the PAP Minister of State in MND lost his Marbles?
- ‘Neighbour from Hell’ Terrorizes entire Block for Years but Police and HDB are Helpless
- AHPETC Responds to Desmond Lee's Criticisms
- Carbs more harmful than saturated fats: study
A delivery driver was sentenced to three and a half years in jail and 12 strokes of the cane for robbing a prostitute at knifepoint and forcing her to perform fellatio on him. Koh Meng Yeow, 32, had seen the victim, a 24 year old Vietnamese woman, standing along Lorong 30 at Geylang. He pulled up beside her and asked her “how much?” then told her to get in when she told him $80 an hour.
The government still wants to regulate the media because it claims that this is to prevent foreign influences from affecting Singapore's politics. Minister for Communications and Information Yaacob Ibrahim also claims that the government is still taking a "light touch" approach towards regulating the Internet. However, contrary to what he had said, the government has been using the law to prosecute online bloggers.
I would like to call your attention to the condition of the covered walkways sheltering blks 99 to 96 and blk 98 to the multi storey carpark in Aljunied Crescent, constituency of Marine Parade. The “upgrading” works were commenced not too long ago and the shelters are already experiencing leakages during raining time.
US police officers shot dead a 12-year-old black boy carrying a replica gun within seconds of their patrol car arriving on the scene, a surveillance video released on Wednesday showed. The sudden end to the incident has stoked anger at police tactics in the United States, in the wake of rioting triggered by a decision not to prosecute a white officer who killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson. Tamir Rice died in hospital in the US city of Cleveland, Ohio on Sunday when two police officers, responding to a 911 emergency call, confronted him in a city park. The footage shows Rice walking on a sidewalk playing with the toy, at one point aiming the replica weapon at a passerby, before sitting in a park gazebo.
I have made many trips to Cantonment Police Centre over the past 3 years to lodge 3 reports against harassments by PAP supporters, and the IOs never once get back to me. It seems like lodging a police report for harassments have become a yearly affair for me ever since I stood for the elections in AMK GRC in 2011. Yet when I heard about the "efficiency" of Leslie Chew's arrest and the Honglim Park protestors, I was flabbergasted.