A new video has revealed the daily grind women in the big city face from catcallers while simply trying to walk from place to place. Shoshanna Roberts, 22 and from New York, teamed up with filmmaker Rob Bliss to create "10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman." "I didn't think it was really possible for guys to see what its actually like when you're harassed," Bliss told AOL News.
- Filipino Working in Singapore: I feel like TRS readers should be nicer to us Pinoys
- 80% of Young Singaporeans have Little to No Savings, are You One of Them?
- EXPOSED: Loophole Allows Bosses to Hire Cheap Foreigners and Avoid Levies and Quotas
- Tan Kin Lian: Goods & Services Tax – A Nonsense Tax
- Han Hui Hui and Roy Ngerng to Go to Court on Monday for the Charge of Public Nuisance
- Dear TRS, These Indians let off Illegal Fireworks just below my HDB Flat in Sengkang
- Dear TRS, Hundreds of Foreign Sex Workers Flood Clarke Quay Every Night
- Is National Service in Singapore truly necessary?
- Washington Post: The Best Places in the World to be a Rich Foreigner
- Johor Prince: Singapore Football Players are Disciplined on the Pitch Thanks to NS
At least 10 Singaporeans and another 4 foreigners from China and Hong Kong have lodged reports with the Commercial Affairs Department here after being ‘scammed’ of over $4 million between them by investment firm Sure Win 4 U. Sure Win 4 U had promised investors a guaranteed monthly return plus bonuses on their investments. Money was allegedly grown by “expert gamblers” who would generate profit from casino winnings.
Three Singaporeans who were flying over Indonesia in a civilian aircraft were forced to land in Supadio military airbase after Indonesian fighter jets intercepted them and ordered them to land. The Indonesian Military (TNI) explained that the plane had been flying illegally in Indonesian airspace. Three Singaporeans were on board the aircraft and they are currently being questioned.
Hong Kong media are reporting that one faction of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has attempted to manipulate recent events in order to produce a Tiananmen Square-like massacre in Hong Kong. The goal of the bloodshed would be to bring down Party leader Xi Jinping, according to the reports, which corroborate previous reporting by Epoch Times.
Nearly nine out of 10 Hong Kong protesters say they are ready to stay on the streets for more than a year to push for full democracy to counter China's tightening grip on the city, according to an informal Reuters survey on Tuesday. For a month now, key roads leading into three of Hong Kong's most economically and politically important districts have been barricaded with wood and steel by thousands of protesters who have set up semi-permanent occupation zones amid a sea of tents.
Google has pushed out an update to its search algorithm that is making it even harder for people to discover free movie and music torrents, with sites like Pirate Bay, Isohunt and Torrentz.eu among the worst affected by the rollout. The rollout comes a month after Robert Thomson the chief executive of News Corp — which owns The Times and New York Post titles — attacked Google, calling it “a platform for piracy,” in a letter to the European Commission.
An American Airlines flight from Los Angeles International Airport to London was delayed late Sunday after a concerned passenger reported finding a wireless connection called “Al-Qaeda Free Terror Network” before the plane took off, according to the LAX Police Department. The incident was reported at Terminal 4 around 9:30 p.m. Sunday, LAXPD spokeswoman Katherine Alvarado said in a statement.