Singapore brings in hundreds of thousands of migrant workers from India and Bangladesh for the construction and marine industries. We also have large numbers of technical and professional immigrants from the Indian subcontinent. They need to eat. They prefer to eat at restaurants that serve their kind of food. To keep their customers happy, restaurant owners would naturally look to the Indian subcontinent for cooks.
- How the PAP is Pushing the WP into a Corner
- Transport Companies Now a Huge Political Liability for PAP
- Singapore's Ability to Develop and Retain Talent Drops to 16th after Malaysia
- Two cents on Singapore’s population and unhappiness among Singaporeans
- Nature Society wants Ubin to be Gazetted as a Nature Reserve
- IKEA Food Manager who Pocketed $2.3M in Profits Jailed After Acquittal Overturned
- Study: Mobile Phone Use at a Young Age Linked to Higher Risk of Brain Cancer
- New Bus Contracting Model Squeezes Out Small Bus Operators from Competing
- Teo Chee Hean: NSmen Will Take Up More Frontline Roles During Reservist
- “All Animals (Bloggers) are Equal, but Some are More Equal than Others”?
Are you planning to get married in 2015? DollarsAndSense.sg shares some saving tips and tricks. First of all, Congratulations! And we say this on behalf of the Singapore Government. While a marriage is usually a joyous occasion (especially for the hotels and the credit card companies), your saving account may not be too excited, and neither will you, once you start thinking about all the costs involved. After all, a wedding can be considered the 3rd most money-minator (think terminator) after your house and car. And unlike those two, there is no resale value.
An Umno Youth delegate today called on party members to rise up in response to non-Muslims who were growing bolder in challenging Malay sensitivities, adding that being too tolerant with them would see the end of Islam. Negri Sembilan Umno Youth information chief Shamsul Amri Mohd Kamal told delegates at the party's assembly that they must not fear defending their religion, and anyone who called them extreme for doing so should face police action.
We re-produce Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong's message in the PAP60, Forward Together book. He was also the party's Secretary-General from 1992 to 2004. The PAP has built a harmonious and cohesive nation, taking into account and balancing the diverse and sometimes conflicting beliefs, ideologies and interests of the people. It has accumulated strengths and experience to continue to chart a clear course forward and to forge consensus on the major issues facing Singapore.
Back in 2011, the government of Singapore heard loud and clear that Singaporeans were not happy with the governance of their country. One of the most pertinent issues that came to the forefront of national headlines was the ever increasing population and the social impact brought upon by it. I read an interesting article on CNBC that highlighted how our curbs on workers would hurt our growth.
Nearly half of menstruating women complain of period pain, also known as dysmenorrhea. Blame it on the production of hormone-like chemicals-prostaglandins-in the uterus. These chemicals help to contract the uterus to squeeze out the old, dead endometrial tissue through the vagina. Some women make more prostaglandins or are more sensitive to them, which can cause more painful and frequent cramps. You could try these home remedies for relief.